Family Self Defence Academy Announcement to Members and Parents
We are pleased to announce that for all vaccinated members from 16 years old and older, our gyms in Castle Hill, Five Dock and Parramatta will reopen. Vaccination is not required for members under the age of 16 to begin their training once again.
For members over the age of 16 that have not been fully vaccinated, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org to put your membership on hold up until you have been fully vaccinated.
Please note, if we do not receive this email we will be assuming that you will re-start your training and memberships will commence from 11 October 2021.
To adhere to Public Health Orders we have outlined below a Covid Safe Action Plan:
Family Self Defence Academy Covid Safe Action Plan
Members over 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated if they wish to start training on the 11 October 2021. All accompanying parents and guardians will only be allowed in the gym premises if they are fully vaccinated.
Based on the NSW Health guidelines, wearing of face mask is required inside the premises at all times for anyone above the age of 12. These includes FSD staff and accompanying parents or guardian that are in the gym premises.
Mandatory Covid-19 safe check-in must be done before entering the gym premises
Temperature check will be done upon entering the premises
ALL our staff and instructors have been fully vaccinated and have undergone Covid-19 Awareness for Gyms training
- All Member above the age of 12 must wear masks even while training on the mat.
- Only member from 3 to 12 years of age are exempt from wearing masks.
To adhere to the 4 square metre rule, we have outlined a “WAITING” policy for each group:
- If your child is in the P-ninja or the L-ninja group, only 1 parent or guardian per family may wait inside the premises.
- There are limited number of designated seats therefore once these are taken parents or guardians must wait outside the gym premises or inside their vehicles.
- Parents for Dragons or Teens Group members, are advised to drop-off their child and wait outside the gym or inside their vehicles. There will be no waiting inside the premises during these class sessions.
There will be a maximum of 20 students on the mat per class
- To anticipate the number of members for each class please inform the instructors your 2 day weekly training sessions.
- We urge everyone to consistently attend training only during your regular 2 day weekly sessions
- We will endeavour to accommodate more members on any given day by making available other training mat areas and additional instructors.
- Members who need to do a make-up class should speak to their instructor beforehand and find a suitable day to do the make-up class.
Aside from the above measures we encourage everyone to continually practice the following:
- Practice personal hygiene by sanitising before and after each class
- Bring your own water bottle
- Bring your own equipment
- Disinfect your equipment regularly
- If unwell, or experiencing even the slightest of symptoms such as cough, sore or scratchy throat, runny nose, and mild fever, please stay home and get tested.
- If you haven’t done so, download the Covid safe app.